Calvin Consulting provides the following
Emissions Management services:
Various emission reports are required by Canadian Provincial and Federal Regulatory Agencies. Calvin Consulting is recognized as being one of the top emissions reporting companies in Canada. Some of these reports include the following:
· National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Reporting - The NPRI is a federal reporting requirement administered by Environment Canada under the authority of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA). Facilities are required to report if they exceed the Environment Canada reporting thresholds. There are approximately 10,000 Canadian facilities that report to this program annually. The annual deadline for this reporting is June 1.
· Federal Greenhouse Gas Reporting - Environment Canada requires information on Greenhouse Gas emissions to be reported for all facilities classified as Large Final Emitters (LFE). Currently, the threshold for LFEs is 50 kilotonnes of CO2 equivalent. However, it is anticipated that in the near future, this threshold may decrease significantly. The annual reporting deadline for this program is June 1.
· Specified Gas Emitters Reporting - The Specified Gas Emitters Regulation (SGER), is Alberta Environment’s Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program for facilities emitting more than 100 kilotonnes of CO2 equivalent. This is a third-party verified report with financial consequences. For existing facilities, the baseline period is established as 2003 to 2005 and the expected reductions are intensity based. Specifically, a 12% reduction over the baseline period is required from 2007 onward. Failure to meet this goal requires the purchase of offset credits or contribution to the Alberta Technology Fund (at a cost of $15/tonne). Annual reports must be submitted by March 31 of each year.
· B.C. Ministry of Environment - In the Province of British Columbia, there are two greenhouse gas reporting thresholds. All facilities that emit more than 10 kilotonnes of CO2 equivalent must report to March 31, 2011. All facilities that emit more than 25 kilotonnes of CO2 equivalent will be subjected to regulatory controls.
· Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) Stewardship Reporting - CAPP members are required as a condition of membership to complete Stewardship Reporting annually. This reporting includes company-wide greenhouse gas emissions, production data and estimation methods used for preparing these inventories.
Leak Detection & Repair (LDAR) Programs
All upsteam oil and gas facilities in Alberta were required by the Alberta Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB) to have an LDAR Program fully implemented by December 2009. Calvin Consulting has been developing and implementing these LDAR Programs since 2007 and to date have completed this process at over 800 facilities in Alberta.
Calvin Consulting assists our clients with their ERCB/CAPP regulatory Benzene Management programs in accordance with the Alberta ERCB Directive 39. Calvin Consulting schedules laboratory field testing, verifies results, prepares the required Dehydrator Engineering and Operations Sheet (DEOS) and compiles the Dehydrator Benzene Inventory Reports that are due to the ERCB/CAPP by July 1 of each year.
With the rapid growth of the oil & gas industry in Canada, many corporations do not have the internal resources to ensure emission inventories and equipment lists are kept up-to-date. Our emission specialists assist corporations with this important task, thereby ensuring compliance with regulatory operating approvals and emissions reporting requirements.
Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
Calvin Consulting has been writing CEMS Quality Assurance Plans (QAPs) and performing the required CEMS Audits since these regulatory requirements came into effect in Alberta. Our CEMS QAPs are recognized by industry and regulators as being “top notch” and are written as useful “how-to” manuals for facility operators. Calvin Consulting personnel routinely complete CEMS Audits as required annually by Alberta Environment.
Please contact us to inquire about our services.
We look forward to serving you.
Email: [email protected]
1A, 3850 - 19th Street NE
Calgary, AB T2E 6V2
Email: [email protected]
Suite 1A (Box 20), 1216 Sand Cove Rd.
Saint John, N.B. E2M 5V8